Child Protection Policy
The club takes the issue for child protection very seriously and was one of the first in the area to develop a policy based on guidance from the Lawn Tennis Association.
Child Protection Policy Statement
1. The club aims to create an enjoyable environment for all juniors who wish to take part in tennis and social activities at the club.
2. The club emphasises that young people have the right to be safe, secure and free from threat.
3. The club acknowledges that young people have the right to be treated with respect, and for their concerns to be listened to and acted upon.
4. The club will ensure that junior members have specific programmes and facilities designated for them, with adequate supervision. A register will be kept of juniors attending coaching sessions.
5. The club has procedures in place to help any young person who requests help and support on a confidential basis, in issues relating to child protection.
6. The club will ensure that any club members and volunteers working with young people are aware of and apply the LTA Code of Conduct for Those Working with Children in Tennis.
Welfare Officer for the club is:
Tel: 01423 701645 / 07747 454341